The product has been added to your cart

CASSIS

CASSIS

The wines of the AOC Cassis are produced on only 210 hectares of the commune of Cassis. Only 12 domains are installed on this appellation which is one of the oldest, created in 1936. About one million bottles are produced each year, about 75 % of Cassis Wine production is certified in organic farming.

CASSIS AND ITS UNIQUE TERROIR

The magnificent limestone terroir enhances Cassis wine and brings it a beautiful minerality. Cassis wines are born on plots enjoying exceptional sunshine and the influence of maritime sprays. They are also preserved from the mistral by Cape Canaille, also known as the highest cliff in France (about 400 m). Cassis Whites accounts for 80% of the appellation’s production, while rosé and red Cassis represent the remaining 20 %. The main grape varieties used to produce White Cassis are Clairette, Ugni Blanc, Sauvignon, Bourboulenc, Pascal and Marsanne. With regard to rosé and red Cassis Wines, Cinsault, Mourvèdre, Carignan and Grenache are in the spotlight. Harvests remain manual and careful selection of clusters is carried out.

CASSIS WHITE WINES BUT NOT ONLY!

The Cassis Whites are very popular because they match both the aperitif and throughout a meal. They deliver citrus scents, white flowers enhanced with mineral and iodised notes or honey and almonds, borrowed from the terroir and are considered to be the best white wines of Provence. Rich and fruity, they are ideally paired with Mediterranean cuisine, seafood and fish as well as exotic cuisine. The Cassis rosés also enjoy an excellent reputation, especially thanks to their fruity and gourmet nose. Less well known, Cassis red wine is mostly tannic with notes of laurel and thyme, it becomes more complex as it ages.

BEST CASSIS WINES

Discover the best Cassis White Wines and Rosé Wines with wines from Château de Fontcreuse, Domaine du Paternel, Chateau BarbanauClos Sainte Magdeleine and Cassis Bodin.

Filters

By price

By color

By year

By size

By domain

Showing 1 - 14 of 14 items
Showing 1 - 14 of 14 items
  • Provence
  • CORSICA
  • RHÔNE VALLEY
  • LANGUEDOC
  • ORGANIC WINE
  • OTHER REGIONS
  • SPIRITS
  • CHAMPAGNE
  • GIFT CORNER
Provence
  • See all
  • Provence wine
  • Famous appellations
  • Stars
  • Provence rosé wines
Provence wine
  • See all
  • COTES DE PROVENCE
  • COTEAUX VAROIS
  • BOUCHES DU RHONE
  • PGI
Famous appellations
  • See all
  • BANDOL
  • BELLET
  • CASSIS
  • PALETTE
Stars
  • See all
  • CHATEAU MINUTY
  • CHATEAU MIRAVAL
  • DOMAINE DU PATERNEL
  • CHATEAU SIMONE
CORSICA
  • See all
  • VIN CORSE DU NORD
  • VIN CORSE DU SUD
  • Stars
Stars
  • See all
  • CLOS CANARELLI
  • DOMAINE YVES LECCIA
  • DOMAINE SAPARALE
  • DOMAINE DE VACCELLI
RHÔNE VALLEY
  • See all
  • RHONE VALLEY NORTH
  • RHONE VALLEY SOUTH
  • STARS
RHONE VALLEY NORTH
  • See all
  • CONDRIEU
  • COTE ROTIE
  • CROZES HERMITAGE
  • SAINT JOSEPH
RHONE VALLEY SOUTH
  • See all
  • CHATEAUNEUF DU PAPE
  • COTES DU RHONE
  • GIGONDAS
  • VENTOUX
STARS
  • See all
  • DOMAINE STEPHANE OGIER
  • LES VIGNOBLES BRUNIER
  • DOMAINE DE LA JANASSE
  • FAMILLE PERRIN
LANGUEDOC
  • See all
  • LANGUEDOC
  • ROUSSILLON
  • See all
  • DOMAINE DE L'HORTUS
  • DOMAINE DU CLOS DES FEES
  • CHATEAU LA BARONNE
  • CHATEAU PUECH HAUT
ORGANIC WINE
  • See all
  • ORGANIC WINE
  • BIODYNAMIC WINES
OTHER REGIONS
  • See all
  • BURGUNDY
  • ALSACE
  • BORDEAUX
  • BEAUJOLAIS WINE
  • JURA
  • LOIRE VALLEY
  • SAVOY
  • SOUTH WEST
  • WORLD WINES
  • LOIRE
SPIRITS
  • See all
  • WHISKEYS
  • RUMS
  • OTHER SPIRITS
CHAMPAGNE
  • See all
  • CHAMPAGNE BRUT
  • BLANC DE BLANCS AND ROSES
  • OTHER SPARKLING WINES